Re: [linuxtools-dev] Hudson CI NAK'ing patches

On 13-11-21 06:42 PM, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> I am a bit leery of this.  A test failure should not occur and I'm not
> sure everyone will be diligent in tracking their errors.  IMO, tests
> that are randomly failing elsewhere should be disabled and fixed by
> whoever owns them (i.e. if some non-related test keeps failing, push a patch to
> disable it and send a note to the list for someone to fix it).
>
> A verification build can be retriggered after failure if it just hiccups
> unexpectedly (e.g. Eclipse.org issue).  If one follows the build started
> message URL and logs in, the build can be retriggered.  A success will
> then remove the veto.
>
> Looking at the linuxtools-gerrit job, it appears that Alex, myself, Roland,
> Sami, and Patrick have the ability to build.  We could add yourself and others
> to the build list.  Worst case scenario is you can ask one of us who has access to
> retrigger the build if you feel it is randomly failing.

Ah ok, I didn't know others had access to those settings. If we can
re-launch the Hudson build manually, then it it a big improvement over
having to re-push the patch manually (and having to do trivial changes
to it for Gerrit to take it, etc.).

Thanks,
Alexandre