Re: [linuxtools-dev] LTTng 2.0 connection type

Hi Bernd,

I looked through the code and didn't notice any use of ssh/sftp
specific classes/methods.
I personally would like to be able to use LTTng 2.0 through any
connection that has
files and shells/terminals subsystems, be it over SSH or TCF or anything else.
I implemented something like this in org.eclipse.cdt.launch.remote[1].
We could do the same
for LTTng 2.0 if there are no restrictions from the remote side.
What do you think?

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git/tree/cross/org.eclipse.cdt.launch.remote/src/org/eclipse/cdt/launch/remote/RSEHelper.java
, see methods like getSuitableConnections(),
getSubsystemWithShellService()...

Anna.