Re: [linuxtools-dev] cachegrind

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 10:33 +0200, Xavier Raynaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a question about valgrind integration.
> I would like to open cachegrind files in post-mortem. (The best will be
> to open them with a simple double-click).
>
> Is it currently possible ?

I don't think so. In the way Valgrind and other plug-ins are designed it
doesn't make much sense either. I mean, it can be confusing seeing if
the actual profile results in the plug-in view are the ones from the
latest profile using Eclipse or is a post-mortem one.

One way to make it work would be creating a separated view, like
"post-mortem Cachegrind analysis", where you have freedom to open any
cachegrind file (even if it's unrelated to any C/C++ project you have on
the workspace).