Re: [linuxtools-dev] night builds

On 04/13/2012 08:57 AM, Xavier Raynaud wrote:
Hi,

I've a question about our process.
The relation between update sites and hudson jobs is unclear to me.

As far as I know, we have the following update sites (probably more, if
we take into account old eclipse releases):
- http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/updates-nightly/
- http://archive.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update-indigo/
- http://archive.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update-juno/

The content of
http://archive.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update-indigo/ is
clear: it contains the last official release of linuxtools for indigo.

The content of the two other update-sites is not clear for me.

Is there a relationship between hudson jobs
(https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/linuxtools-Indigo/ and
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/linuxtools-master/) and these
update-sites ?

Is it documented somewhere ?

Many thanks,

Xavier

The update sites and how they are tied to Hudson processes are documented in the releng wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/Releng

Only the updates-nightly and updates-nightly-indigo sites are automatically filled in by Hudson. The update-juno site is used for Juno milestone builds and it is created/updated via a manual copy from updates-nightly for some particular build we want to use in Juno aggregation. The update-indigo site is the same thing, only for Indigo and using updates-nightly-indigo.

-- Jeff J.