Re: [linuxtools-dev] night builds

> I've a question about our process.
> The relation between update sites and hudson jobs is unclear to me.
>
> As far as I know, we have the following update sites (probably more,
> if
> we take into account old eclipse releases):
> - http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/updates-nightly/
> - http://archive.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update-indigo/
> - http://archive.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update-juno/
>
> The content of
> http://archive.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update-indigo/ is
> clear: it contains the last official release of linuxtools for
> indigo.
>
> The content of the two other update-sites is not clear for me.
>
> Is there a relationship between hudson jobs
> (https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/linuxtools-Indigo/ and
> https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/linuxtools-master/) and these
> update-sites ?

I'm not 100% sure of the details but :

linuxtools-Indigo builds our latest release (currently 0.10.0) against
Indigo dependencies.

linuxtools-master is essentially our nightly build against Juno
dependencies, and so the content in :
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/updates-nightly/
should match that. (Note the 0.11.0 versions)

You can always check what dependencies we're building against by
looking in the build logs and seeing how we execute maven.

The build-id for http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update-indigo/
seems to be 201106060936 so this would be the v0.8.0 build here :
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/linuxtools-Indigo/346/

The build-id for http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update-juno/
seems to be 201201210507 which is probably just an older build against juno
dependencies.

> Is it documented somewhere ?

We could certainly add some documentation about the association between
git branches, builds, and p2 repositories.

Hope this helps,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top