Re: [linuxtools-dev] Use Gerrit?

* Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@xxxxxxxxxx> [2012-01-27 17:43]:
> >How do Linux Tools contributors and committers feel about using it for
> >Linux Tools?
>
> I like the idea of using it for bugzilla submissions.
>
> Assuming we are appointed approver/verifiers for our components of
> expertise, would we be able to push our own fixes quickly?

Yes, one can always give their own code a +2 for emergency fixes.  But
it's sort of in the spirit of code review to have others review all
changes as it spreads knowledge and generally improves code :)

> example, it kind of gets in the way if I am forced to review Alex's
> changes to the rpm editor where he is the expert.

We'd all become experts on everything!  Seriously, though, I think we
will have to arrange for review days where we clear out the backlog of
open reviews.  PostgreSQL does something like this with their
reviewfests.

> Can Hudson be the verifier for these changes (i.e. ensuring the
> build and tests succeed)?

Hudson would be set to auto-verify all changes and a human wouldn't be
involved until Hudson gave its +1.

Large version-bumping changes would be a candidate for a quick once over
by someone else or even for a self-reviewed +2 IMO.

We'll have to work out policies and how to use it.  At this point I'm
mostly interested in everyone's general feel for it so thanks for the
thoughts.

Andrew

Back to the top