Re: [linuxtools-dev] Issue with eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2

On 08/08/11 17:08, Niels Thykier wrote:
On 2011-08-08 15:31, sami wagiaalla wrote:

Can you post the patches somewhere public ? I don't know if the scripts
in eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2 are meant to be edited, but
your patches might give some hints as to how things can be fixed.

   Sami

There is not a lot of interesting changes in those files really.  It is
basically a ton of:

-<pathelement path="/usr/share/java/jarkata-tomcat-2.5.jar" />
+<pathelement path="/usr/share/java/servlet-api-2.5.jar" />

I suspect that the previous eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2 used
the symlink we deploy in the build dirs.  That would be something like:

   <pathelement path="../javax.servlet_2.5.0.${qualifier}.jar" />

That used to be the case for the eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2 contained in eclipse-build-0.6.1.tar.gz, IIRC. I understand that the build.xml's are generated by PDE, so we'd need to check for changes there.

We have a similar problem in FreeBSD, where external jars would normally be installed into ${PREFIX}/share/java/classes (default for ${PREFIX} is /usr/local). However, our preference in the port is to use the orbit jars, put them into a known location inside eclipse-build and patch the build.xml's and *dependencies.properties where needed. This will also ensure that we use approved versions of those external dependencies.

There was a similar problem with Fedora 14, where the installed package from the system had a wrong or incompatible version (org.mortbay.jetty.*, I think). For my own builds on that system, I've adopted the FreeBSD port approach; I think it's the least messy way to deal with the external jars.

tg

Back to the top