Re: [linuxtools-dev] Issue with eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2

On 08/05/2011 11:19 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:
Hi

I tried building eclipse from the head of the eclipse-build master
branch, but unfortunately it does not work on Debian systems because
eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2 contains paths only working on
Fedora based systems.
   I am not entirely sure what causes it, but I suspect the generator
might be following symlinks the symlinks we inject in the build directory.

On a related note, I could not make regenerateBootstrapFiles.sh work
(kept saying it could not find org.eclipse.osgi); I managed to manually
fix up a eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2 that works, but I have
not committed it because my copy is now Debian-specific rather than
Fedora-specific

Can you post the patches somewhere public ? I don't know if the scripts in eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2 are meant to be edited, but your patches might give some hints as to how things can be fixed.

  Sami

Back to the top