Re: [linuxtools-dev] Issue with eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2

On 2011-08-08 15:31, sami wagiaalla wrote:
> On 08/05/2011 11:19 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I tried building eclipse from the head of the eclipse-build master
>> branch, but unfortunately it does not work on Debian systems because
>> eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2 contains paths only working on
>> Fedora based systems.
>>    I am not entirely sure what causes it, but I suspect the generator
>> might be following symlinks the symlinks we inject in the build
>> directory.
>>
>> On a related note, I could not make regenerateBootstrapFiles.sh work
>> (kept saying it could not find org.eclipse.osgi); I managed to manually
>> fix up a eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2 that works, but I have
>> not committed it because my copy is now Debian-specific rather than
>> Fedora-specific
>>

> Can you post the patches somewhere public ? I don't know if the scripts
> in eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2 are meant to be edited, but
> your patches might give some hints as to how things can be fixed.
>
>   Sami

There is not a lot of interesting changes in those files really.  It is
basically a ton of:

- <pathelement path="/usr/share/java/jarkata-tomcat-2.5.jar" />
+ <pathelement path="/usr/share/java/servlet-api-2.5.jar" />

I suspect that the previous eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2 used
the symlink we deploy in the build dirs.  That would be something like:

  <pathelement path="../javax.servlet_2.5.0.${qualifier}.jar" />

My fix up was done manually; I never really understood the underlying
tool that generate these files.  Unfortunately I need it to work now as
I need to inject a bundle (org.eclipse.osgi.services) in the bootstrap
process.
  There is a bug about getting this into eclipse-build; but I am not
sure on the status of it.  Particularly it involves throwing out parts
of the bundle and such, but that is a side-track.

If you are really interested in the changes, you can fetch my copy of
the tarball from [1], but I do believe they are not super interesting.

~Niels

[1]
http://people.debian.org/~nthykier/eclipse-build-generatedScripts.tar.bz2

Back to the top