[linuxtools-dev] Generation of Help html files from the Linux Tools wiki

Hi Folks,

I had a look on the Linux Tools wiki and didn't see any discussion of
how the wiki pages are converted to Eclipse help html files.

I ask because I found a number of minor HTML problems with the docs, for
example, badly formed tags (e.g. "<li"), missing end tags, and so on.

Also, the none of the help files have CSS files hooked up to them, so
they use fonts and formatting which aren't consistent with the rest of
the Eclipse help docs.  I went through all of the linuxtools projects (I
think) and added a CSS file (copied from a CDT doc project) to each
linuxtools doc project, and hooked up the help pages to these files.

I also converted them to use XHTML so that it was easier to spot the
malformed HTML, and then fixed all of those errors.

With these changes, and some other minor repairs, the help docs look better.

However, as I understand it, the "how to update these pages" information
seems to imply that the files are generated from the wiki somewhow.  Is
this really true, or is it only a plan to do this at some point?

Another related question, would you be interested in a patch that makes
these doc changes?

- Corey

Back to the top