Re: [linuxtools-dev] Generation of Help html files from the Linux Tools wiki

Hi,

> However, as I understand it, the "how to update these pages" information
> seems to imply that the files are generated from the wiki somewhow.  Is
> this really true, or is it only a plan to do this at some point?

The pages are generated with Mylyn's WikiText tools.  There is a file
like build-helper.xml in the .doc plugins that calls the WikiText ant
tasks to generate the HTML files.  We store a snapshot of the HTML in
git so that we do not rely on the wiki being up or the content being
sanitized at all times.

If there are issues with the generated HTML, bugs should be filed with
Mylyn WikiText:

  https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mylyn%20Docs&component=Wikitext

> Another related question, would you be interested in a patch that makes
> these doc changes?

Patches are always welcome :)

Andrew

Back to the top