Re: [linuxtools-dev] Contributing a code for the Helgrind plugin

Hi,

> I've being working on the Helgrind plugin for Eclipse and now I think
> it's good enough to be contributed.

Awesome!

> There are things that probably need more work ( I noticed
> that some Valgrind plugins have separated test plugins, don't know if
> it is required or not ) but the code itself is ready.

JUnit tests are definitely encouraged and we like to separate things
into plugins like most Eclipse plugins.

> How can I contribute it? Do I send a patch, a tarball? Do I need to
> open a bug on Bugzilla and attach the code/tarball there?

Open a bug and attach a tarball or zip.  We'll need to open a
contribution questionnaire (CQ) with the Eclipse legal team and go
through that process.  The deadline for the legal team to process CQs
for inclusion in Indigo was a while ago so it's unlikely this will make
0.8, our Indigo contribution.  We'll get it in shortly afterwards,
though.

Thanks and looking forward to working with you!

Andrew

Back to the top