[linuxtools-dev] new Linux Tools plug-in idea

Hello,

I've been tossing around the idea in my head about a nice little plug-in
to add to the Linux tools suite is CDT C project creation wizard that
automates the steps shown here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/HowTo_use_the_CDT_to_navigate_Linux_kernel_source

The wizard would prompt for a few things, like the processor
architecture (x86, etc.), and any special gcc compilation switches
needed, but it would do all of the rest of the configuration on its own.

Does a C project creation wizard sound like the right way to go for this
task?  I haven't done any extensive development in Eclipse, so it's not
clear to me how easy or hard this will be.

Thanks for your consideration,

- Corey

Back to the top