Re: [linuxtools-dev] Opxml question

Severin Gehwolf wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 09:28 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
>> * William Cohen <wcohen@xxxxxxxxxx> [2011-02-10 09:27]:

>>> Cool, that would allow the elimination of oprofile-devel and it's undesirable static libraries.
>>>
>>> Is 0.7 going to make it for Fedora 15?
>>
>> Perhaps.  I'll also have to verify my above statement :)
>
> The R0_7_0 tag and trunk don't use opxml anymore. What's left is some
> left-over code removal and documentation update.
So I presume the updated oprofile plugin will leverage the native XML output from opreport, right?  And how about the events list?  Does it use the XML output from ophelp?  If so, this is really good news from my perspective since (as I had noted in my Jan 14 posting) the current version of this plugin is completely broken for IBM Power systems.

Thanks for your work!

-Maynard