Re: [linuxtools-dev] eclipse plug-in for Linux perf tool

On 03/29/2010 07:39 PM, Thavidu Ranatunga wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm an interning at IBM at the moment and coincidentally i'm just starting
> a project for a gui frontend to perf at the moment, most likely in eclipse.
> I've been looking at the existing gui tools for other profilers for the
> last few weeks and i'm likely going to base it on the current oprofile
> eclipse plugin =) The project is at a pretty early/vague stage at the
> moment though.
> Thanks,
> --thavidu

Hi Thavidu,

That's great. There is a project page for OProfile:

http://www.eclipse.org/linuxtools/projectPages/oprofile/

Perf looks like it can do most of the things listed for oprofile eclipse plugin. It might worthwhile to go through and see how the oprofile plug-in does each of the steps and attempt to generate a list of similar steps using perf.  Aim for functional parity between the oprofile and perf eclipse plug-ins.

Maybe set up a perf plugin project page.

-Will

Back to the top