Re: [linuxtools-dev] eclipse plug-in for Linux perf tool

----- "William Cohen" <wcohen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Thavidu,
>
> That's great. There is a project page for OProfile:
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/linuxtools/projectPages/oprofile/
>
> Perf looks like it can do most of the things listed for oprofile
> eclipse plugin. It might worthwhile to go through and see how the
> oprofile plug-in does each of the steps and attempt to generate a list
> of similar steps using perf.  Aim for functional parity between the
> oprofile and perf eclipse plug-ins.

Hi,

Quick note:

Roland Grunberg and I have worked through the linuxtools profiling
framework (that oprofile uses) and oprofile before. We're both on
#eclipse in IRC freenode, if you have any questions about how it all
fits together. The comments in the code can be a little sparse, at
times.

Look for rgrunber or charley :)

-Charley

Back to the top