Re: [linuxtools-dev] [patch] add architecture support for arm and ia64

* Matthias Klose <doko@xxxxxxxxxx> [2009-11-02 18:19]:
> it's a bit strange that (given these preconditions) the ppc64 and
> sparc64 ports are checked in. there's maybe a build log, but the
> ports don't work. That's only fixed now with my patch for the
> additional archs.

All we want is to avoid people saying "support is there, why is it
broken?"  But I guess you are right in that very few people outside of
you/your build machines will be trying this on these architectures :)

> I did not add a new port one by one, because I didn't want to edit
> everything five times, but just one time.

I understand, it was just very difficult from a patch-processing POV.

Andrew

Back to the top