Re: [linuxtools-dev] [patch] add architecture support for arm and ia64

Now submitted as 293946, 293948, 293951, 293952

On 27.10.2009 09:34, Alexander Kurtakov wrote:
Hi Matthias,
For Eclipse IPLog purposes we need every patch to be delivered as a bugzilla
entry. See http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/project-log.php

Very good idea for the eclipse-build-config but I don't think I can  find the
time to work on this soon.

well, I did that in the debian build for now. details in 293952.

builds did succeed on arm, alpha and ia64. let the buildds try on the other new archs.

Regards,
Alexander

please find attached patches to add architecture support for arm and ia64.
builds were done on Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic koala). Build logs at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/3.5.1+repack~1-0ubuntu1
All builds done with OpenJDK 6 (IcedTea 1.6.1).

   - arm: eclipse starts and doesn't crash immediately, started doing
     a tutorial, which seems to work ok.
   - ia64: Builds, but the build failed with a packaging error.
   - sparc: Tested with hotspot, which crashes.

By removing the not needed configs in
  eclipse-build-config/build.properties, the build time gets much shorter
  (on a dual PowerMac G4, it saved 3h). Just building the one config needed
  for the build would reduce the build time further. Why not having a
  eclipse-build-config/build.properties.in, which has a place-holder for the
  current arch and generate a eclipse-build-config/build.properties for the
  current build? This way additional archs can be added without a build
  penalty.

    Matthias