Re: [linuxtools-dev] [patch] add architecture support for arm and ia64

On 02.11.2009 21:53, Andrew Overholt wrote:
* Benjamin Drung<bdrung@xxxxxxxxxx>  [2009-11-02 15:27]:
Am Montag, den 02.11.2009, 15:14 -0500 schrieb Andrew Overholt:
* Matthias Klose<doko@xxxxxxxxxx>  [2009-11-02 12:17]:
builds did succeed on arm, alpha and ia64. let the buildds try on
the other new archs.

Please post URLs to these successful builds.

You can find the build logs here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/3.5.1+repack~1-0ubuntu3

I should have been more clear:  please post URLs to successful builds on
parisc, mips, and other platforms you intend to have work in
eclipse-build.

alpha: http://people.canonical.com/~doko/tmp/log.alpha.lzma
ia64: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/3.5.1+repack~1-0ubuntu3/+build/1314062 armel: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/3.5.1+repack~1-0ubuntu3/+build/1314062

it's a bit strange that (given these preconditions) the ppc64 and sparc64 ports are checked in. there's maybe a build log, but the ports don't work. That's only fixed now with my patch for the additional archs.

I did not add a new port one by one, because I didn't want to edit everything five times, but just one time. The approach does seem to work, a 32bit arch was sucessfully tested, and two 64bit archs were sucessfully built. I doubt that others will have the possibility to test on mips and parisc. So please let the Debian maintainers build these archs on the buildds, and then provide the build logs.

I'm mostly travelling and on vacation for the next four weeks, I won't have time to work on the architecture additions during this time.

  Matthias

Back to the top