Re: [linuxtools-dev] Welcome Xavier Raynaud as a new technology.linux-distros Committer

Hi and welcome :)

> Hi,
>
> Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 17:44 +0200, Xavier RAYNAUD wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> Have you a code style policy ?
> >
> > No.
>
> I've seen that eclipse has one
> (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Conventions_and_Guidelines)
> Does this one apply ?
>
> In particular, I would like to have your opinion on the following point:
>  - gprof plugin & package names start with "com.st".
>  - I've seen in the eclipse code convention that /"Like other open
> source projects, the code base for the Eclipse project should avoid
> using names that reference a particular company or their commercial
> products."/ (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Naming_Conventions)
>
> If we apply this convention, I guess these resources should be renamed
> in "org.eclipse.***" ?
> What's your opinion on it ?

Package names of all plugins should start with org.eclipse.
Additionally we're adding linuxtools to specify the subproject. So every
plugin coming from Linux Tools project should be in the org.eclipse.linuxtools
namespace.

Regards,
Alex

> Best regards,