Re: [linuxtools-dev] Plugin and feature version numbers

Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Kent asked about this on IRC today so I thought it would be good to
> follow up on the mailing list.
>
> The "0.2.0" part of our 0.2.0 release is simply the overall project
> version.  It doesn't impact individual plugin or feature version
> numbers.  Sure, some of our features or plugins may be at 0.2.0 but
> that's not a requirement.

So it's not a requirement, but if *by coincidence* the OProfile plugins
were to all be 0.2.0 there wouldn't be a problem right? :)

Doing so doesn't really follow the wiki guidelines, but then it may end
up being plugin A 0.2.0, plugin B 0.1.0, plugin C 0.1.5.. which isn't a
bad thing by any means, but I guess I like the consistency having the
versions coordinated.

-Kent

Back to the top