[linux-distros-dev] Initial Code Contribution

Hi,

I'd like to see the RPM and OProfile work that Red Hat did and which is
currently hosted as part of the CDT (cdt-contrib) be a part of the Linux
Distributions project.  I think it makes more sense for it to be here
since it's not CDT-specific.  It isn't actually included in the CDT
drops so there won't be anything missing on that side.

I'd also like to move the plugins we have hosted on
sourceware.org/eclipse to the Linux Distros project.  This includes the
RPM specfile editor I've been working on as well as the Bugzilla plugin
-- which will hopefully be made to work with Mylar soon -- and the
ChangeLog plugin.

All of these plugins are more Linux Distribution-specific than
CDT/Fedora/Red Hat-specific and we'd like to see this reflected in where
they are hosted and developed.  I think the plugins could really benefit
from exercise/use/development by multiple distributions.  It goes
without saying that I also think the project could benefit from the
plugins being under its umbrella.

Bjorn/Ian:  what are the next steps here?  The RPM and OProfile stuff
that's currently hosted on eclipse.org shouldn't be a problem from an IP
POV, right?

Doug:  do you have any objections to moving the RPM and OProfile stuff?
I'm not proposing that we remove any use of the CDT but I'd like to see
them become more like open source CDT adopters.

Thanks,

Andrew