[linux-distros-dev] package organization

Hi,

Andrew and I sat down a couple of weeks ago and re-organized the files
listings for the Eclipse packages in FC6. Our main goal was to match the
upstream features as much as possible with the hopes that we could avoid
bugs caused by any divergence. I've written up a small document
explaining how our packages are organized with details on the
differences between our package organization and the upstream package
organization:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Fedora_Eclipse_Packages

I think it would be a good idea to try to standardize packages across
Linux distros. I feel a little uncomfortable dictating what other
distros do, so I think the best approach with regard to package
organization would be to use the upstream organization as the main
reference. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Cheers, Ben

Back to the top