Re: [linux-distros-dev] Eclipse 3.2 and Xulrunner

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 09:52:46AM -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Tue, 2006-18-07 at 09:07 +0200, Michael Koch wrote:
> > Does someone has a patch to make Eclipse 3.2 support/use Xulrunner?
> > [...]
> > The reason that I need this is that the next Debian release will not
> > include Mozilla anymore, only Firefox and Xulrunner and Eclipse 3.2
> > doesnt work with any of the two.
>
> I was speaking with Chris Aillon who works for Red Hat doing Mozilla
> stuff and he told me that he wants to stop shipping the Mozilla suite so
> we're going to run into the same issues.  He said that since Xulrunner
> is so new, he'd rather we built against something like firefox-devel --
> I guess the Debian equivalent would be firefox-dev? -- so we're going to
> have to cross this bridge very soon.  I will keep you posted as we
> investigate.

Hehe. In Debian Mozilla, Firefox and Xulrunner is maintained by the same
people. They put mozilla-dev and xulrunner-dev into our repo. They never
put something like firefox-dev into repo because said its enough to use
mozilla-dev or xulrunner-dev. Mozilla will be removed so I need to use
Xulrunner.

For Ubuntu the situation is a bit different. They never had mozilla-dev,
just firefox-dev and now xulrunner-dev too.

I would like to be able to use Xulrunner to have a common package that
works on Debian AND Ubuntu.

/me hates this.

Cheers,
Michael