AW: [jwt-dev] JWT and GMF

Hi all,

I agree with Marc that GMF is quite a good technology if you want to create
simple editors for a DSL (which seems to be your purpose). As long as you
don't want to change anything of the generated code, it's (besides the steep
learning curve) quite good. But for JWT's purpose it came up to late (when
we started with the workflow editor back in 2005, GMF was not usable at all)
and now we don't have the resources to change everything already done with
EMF and GEF into GMF.

>>Marc said: our view developers are Augsburg's and are experts on GMF and
not EMF

That's not completely correct. I guess we made quite some experience in EMF
and GEF (I wouldn't say we're experts here), but only have some basic
knowledge about GMF. We already had some students in practica and diploma
thesis who worked with GMF and it was interesting to see especially how long
it took for them to know what needs to be changed in GMF in order to get it
work, but besides that we don't know GMF much.

Best regards,

Florian