Re: [jubula-dev] Configuration error while executing most test steps

On 31.07.2013 19:12, Martin, Victor wrote:
I'm attempting to port an RCP Jubula toolkit/rc extension from version 1.3 to 2.1. I got most of it to work but I'm running into a similar problem as previously reported by Michi (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jubula-dev/msg00294.html).

My toolkit extension and the rc fragment get started and I can map the control but most test steps I try failed with a "Configuration Error".
For example I can get the "Click" action to work but not "Check Enablement".  I also get my tester method (Verify Control Data) to work correctly.

I have attached my projects hoping you can point me in the right direction and help me debug the problem.

Thanks
Victor.

Hi Martin,

from your attached example I can see, that you extend from the most abstract class. To support the "Check Enablement" action, you should extend one of the already existing SWT Jubula components. Here is an example to extend the SWT button:

The component configuration file - in your case /com.mentor.jubula.extension.rcp.toolkit/resources/xml/ComponentConfiguration.xml has to be changed:

- <realizes>guidancer.abstract.Widget</realizes>
+ <realizes>org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Button</realizes>

Also the corresponding tester class - in your case org.eclipse.jubula.rc.swt.tester.ControlTester - has to be changed:

-public class ControlTester extends WidgetTester {
+public class
ControlTester extends org.eclipse.jubula.rc.swt.tester.ButtonTester {

With this changes, your new component inherits all actions from the SWT button, which contains "Check Enablement".

All predefined component configurations for SWT can be found in the plugin org.eclipse.jubula.toolkit.provider.swt in the file resources/xml/ComponentConfiguration.xml. The corresponding tester classes are shared in the package org.eclipse.jubula.rc.swt.tester from the plugin org.eclipse.jubula.rc.swt.

I hope, this hints help you in extending the SWT components.

Yours sincerely,
Raimar Bühmann
--
BREDEX GmbH
Mauernstr. 33

Tel.: +49-531-24330-0
Fax:  +49-531-24330-99
http: www.bredex.de

Geschäftsführer: Achim Lörke, Ulrich Obst, Andreas Vogel
Amtsgericht Braunschweig HRB 2450