Re: [jnosql-dev] Move Eclipse JNoSQL forward as a JSR

I’m not sure, if this still makes sense now.

It is only a matter of time, a few weeks now, before a Jakarta EE spec package Namespace is found or voted on. There are not many options.

Having to move back and forth or spread across two packages over time could irritate possible users.

Several committers to Jakarta EE have never contributed to or joined the JCP. Especially now, it is even less likely they would participate or join an EG.

Did you or could you ask e.g. Red Hat, if they would rather support JNoSQL in Projects like Hibernate OGM if it was a JSR than eventually graduating into Jakarta EE from where it is now?

Red Hat also provides key parts of the Jakarta EE platform, that were not contributed to Jakarta EE and there is no sign, it plans to do in the near future.

If the eventual Need to improve CDI or Bean Validation leads to new JSRs for CDI 3 or Bean Validation 3, then and only then I would consider filing a JSR.

Can you ask those at Red Hat in a Position to tell more About it?

Werner