Re: [jetty-users] File upload fails on live system, works on development system

John,

can you get a TCPdump (aka wireshark dump) of a large file upload? The exception indicates that the client is closing the connection before the entire content is uploaded.  So it would be good to know if that is done with a RST or a FIN to see if there is a reason for that.

On Sun, 23 May 2021 at 19:02, John English <john.foreign@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 22/05/2021 11:07, John English wrote:
> On 21/05/2021 16:55, Simone Bordet wrote:
>> Multipart works on dev environment?
>> If so, then it's some configuration difference between the two.
>
> Yes. Compared all files between server and dev kit -- no differences.
> Went onto server machine and connected via localhost -- files upload
> successfully.
> So now I'm trawling through the server's iptables logs and trying to
> find out if anyone changed the firewall rules... :(

Some more data points: it isn't the firewall. Connecting via localhost
is OK, connecting via external domain name or IP address is not. Small
files (~50k) load OK, larger files (~250k) fail as follows:

org.eclipse.jetty.io.RuntimeIOException:
org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException: Early EOF
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.extractContentParameters(Request.java:548)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.getParameters(Request.java:435)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.getParameterMap(Request.java:1084)

(I made a couple of changes to try and get more info out of the system.)

The logfile contains entries like this:

  - - [23/May/2021:08:50:37 +0000] "POST /edit?course=XY101 HTTP/1.1" 500 0

It was previously a 302 error, now a 500, and there is no source IP
being recorded for the request.

It presumably isn't Jetty-related, since it works from localhost, but
perhaps someone with more knowledge of networking nuts & bolts than me
can suggest some reason why this might be happening?

John English