Re: [jetty-users] File upload fails on live system, works on development system

Hi,

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 9:25 AM John English <john.foreign@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I try it on my development rig, it works perfectly. The only
> difference is that the development rig runs on Windows 10 using Java
> 1.8.0_172, the live system is Ubuntu 20.04 running Java 1.8.0_251 (both
> Javas are the Oracle versions). I'm using Jetty 9.4.39.

1.8.0_251 and 1.8.0_172 are quite different, as 251 backported the
ALPN APIs and possibly also TLS 1.3 (don't recall on top of my head),
while the older version does not have those.

It may well be possible that you are using TLS 1.2 for your dev
environment, and TLS 1.3 for your live environment, and that's enough
of a difference.

I would double check the release notes for those versions and make
sure that your server TLS configuration is sound for both, especially
regarding cipher inclusion/exclusion.
For example, you may have configured the server to include only
certain ciphers that were working with TLS 1.2, but are disabled in
TLS 1.3 (because they are weak or vulnerable), leaving no ciphers to
negotiate and therefore failing all connections.

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top