Re: [jetty-users] EXT: Re: jetty 11 logging
  • From: "Nault, Danny (GE Digital)" <Danny.Nault@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 17:27:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ge.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=ge.com; dkim=pass header.d=ge.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=ulZonXdB9ViF6bS441wZqcvlw8xt5T00wIextzQ4hDA=; b=Nbo6BLpNOrHO//j9N8hX/6NLjZL2Zm5WgfA7U0K3jmVdod90AvNxv56BmAbIXO8jycs6mLY9Hh4zNd1CraxkwiOwSRIcFg5PXcTQrAMWZuO2BiKZEWgFRiEP97gRqmRTPjKK5qgwRGEr1TXcX+vxxYBmIM6SLvl8MbeVdexiVF/TwKEy/+BqNH0f3YaZFenl3LPckQIexRqUYcJ9He0E1hqyyxNmEVOAdURLpNtGuOwO4ME8ORGZ9As8euQ0nMWbpfGPTOpwLb1qdpLN6y2tyjnVX/b6UXxet+qZAfbNuw4+esUA4OLFP22n1pk9MxTPoYmgKp9b+ysMJ1ch3bY3uw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=O3j0N71K4CLyVQcAtmonQm8BeJ7uksSojpvkWItBuxh0/iclBkIvenf12vOOQKOrfAp3PF3Juy3jAvvfwqsQUNJDo4xNht0ODumfIH9OSAX1U0q9bzFx0lwL+IalBdT9RvClcE1WMVrfAGf0DyM7mQm44QEXrL060wLg+4PgKrAlraImVihDY+AVC44Un+zAYh9S6TS4sSVlf/fbwHxlkiwId4lHY/f47wKIZNWlicv9OdWCV/m5WIrwKQ0TpR1Pi8qbJhDc9E2zBhnN8ri1xHaJZclQhr4yXdgPl9NhjdClet4+LDZxgmvksycL9hvbvNWUGJlNo/GSZWmXQ84POA==

Thanks for getting back so quick. I wasn’t sure as for embedded it wasn’t clear
About logging configuration and since before we just used system properties
After that didn’t work we just were trying various things.

I made sure both the jar and properties file was in the classapath
And our properties file is the basic one from doc

# Do not condense logger names.
org.eclipse.jetty.logging.appender.NAME_CONDENSE=false

# By default, log at INFO level all Jetty loggers.
org.eclipse.jetty.LEVEL=DEBUG

# However, the Jetty client loggers log at DEBUG level.
org.eclipse.jetty.client.LEVEL=DEBUG

restarted things and no logging. You mentioned transitive dependencies
which currently we are not loading anything and the documentation for
logging doesn’t mention anything.

Shouldn’t I be able to just set these two system properties and include the jar file
In the classpath to turn on logging? And for that matter just the first one right?

-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.LEVEL=DEBUG
-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.client.LEVEL=DEBUG

I'm pretty sure were missing something fundamentally but not sure what.
Again thanks for getting back to me

Dan