Re: [jetty-users] jetty 11 logging

Hi,

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 6:00 PM Nault, Danny (GE Digital)
<Danny.Nault@xxxxxx> wrote:

> We just switched to Jetty 11.0.2 and are running embedded.
>
> I know there were changes to logging but after reading the doc
>
> And trying a number of different things  I still cannot get
>
> Any logging to output.
>

> I’m more interested in being able to get the same logging as 9.4.40 using
>
> -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.LEVEL=DEBUG \
>
> -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.LEVEL=DEBUG \
>
> -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.util.log.class=org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog \
>

> I know by the docs that the last property appears to no longer exist and it defaults
> To Slf4j.

That is correct, the last property is ignored.

> I tried
>
> Putting jetty-logging-properties in the class path
> Under $JETTY_HOME, I have a resources directory with the same jetty-logging properties
> Using the first 2 -D options above.

You said you are running embedded, so $JETTY_HOME and resources/
directory are irrelevant, no?

Make sure you have jetty-logging.properties in the classpath, and make
sure you have jetty-slf4j-impl-<jetty-version>.jar in the classpath
too (along with the transitive dependencies you need).

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top