[jetty-users] jetty 11 logging

We just switched to Jetty 11.0.2 and are running embedded.

I know there were changes to logging but after reading the doc

And trying a number of different things  I still cannot get

Any logging to output.

I’m more interested in being able to get the same logging as 9.4.40 using

-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.LEVEL=DEBUG \

-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.LEVEL=DEBUG \

-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.util.log.class=org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog \

I know by the docs that the last property appears to no longer exist and it defaults

To Slf4j.

I tried

  1. Putting jetty-logging-properties in the class path
  2. Under $JETTY_HOME, I have a resources directory with the same jetty-logging properties
  3. Using the first 2 -D options above.

We’d like to enable the logging so we can get output from Jetty like we have in the past

Any Idea what I’m missing?

Everything else is working fine, just cant get any logging.

Thanks

Dan

Back to the top