Re: [jetty-users] Jetty http2 client request hangs indefinitely

>Since it is the first request that triggers the connection opening, I
want to see the debug logs to understand why the connection
establishment failed

I m trying to get the debug logs but I face a problem where debug logs are always redirected to RootLogger (SLF4j-log4j). How to redirect the debug logs to logs file other than rootLogger. I have also raised a SO question with other details like how I tried( https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58101857/move-jetty-httpclient-debug-logs-from-rootlogger ). Kindly let us know how to handle this case.

My sample is as follows,

private final static Logger logger =  Logger.getRootLogger();

    DailyRollingFileAppender timeAppender = new DailyRollingFileAppender();
    timeAppender.setDatePattern("'.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm");//write at start of every minute
    timeAppender.setName("FileLogger");
    timeAppender.setFile("/path-to-log/client.log");
    timeAppender.setLayout(new PatternLayout("%t %p %d %-5p [%c{1}] %m%n"));
    timeAppender.setThreshold(Level.ALL);
    timeAppender.setAppend(true);
    timeAppender.activateOptions();
    logger.setAdditivity(false);
    logger.addAppender(timeAppender);

    logger.debug("JDK Used-->"+System.getProperty("java.version"));
    //HttpClient code follows

and my logger files prints,

main DEBUG 2019-09-25 20:26:07,347 DEBUG [JettyJMX] JDK -->1.8.0_212
main DEBUG 2019-09-25 20:26:07,485 DEBUG [log] Logging to org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter(org.eclipse.jetty.util.log) via org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Slf4jLog
main INFO 2019-09-25 20:26:07,488 INFO  [log] Logging initialized @370ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Slf4jLog
main DEBUG 2019-09-25 20:26:07,591 DEBUG [ContainerLifeCycle] HttpClient@65e579dc{STOPPED} added

But I don't want to use rootLogger as other thirdparty packages may use slf4j in my application so I want to redirect jetty debug logs to a separate file. So, instead of using RootLogger I tried using class logger like

final static Logger logger =  Logger.getLogger(MyClass.class.getName());

which only prints,

main DEBUG 2019-09-25 20:49:03,676 DEBUG [JettyJMX] JDK -->1.8.0_212

SLF4j Jars Used: log4j-1.2.15.jar, slf4j-api-1.7.25.jar, slf4j-log4j12-1.7.25.jar

Jetty Version Used- 9.4.19

Jdk Used: 1.8

I can get debug logs only if I use rootLogger, is there a way or configuration to redirect debug logs from RootLogger to any other loggers?

Thanks In Advance

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 11:41 AM Santhosh Kumar <santhosh89j@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>What I see from the dump is that the requests get queued and there are
no established connections.
Since it is the first request that triggers the connection opening, I
want to see the debug logs to understand why the connection
establishment failed, and how it failed (as any failure should have
aborted the queued requests).

The remote server is always accessible(verified by browser, curl, wget or even another jetty standalone program)  when threads are hung.

>You make requests by host or by IP address (i.e. is DNS involved)?

We make requests by IP address.

I ll try to get the debug logs asap

Thanks :)

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 7:54 PM Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: