Re: [jetty-users] Jetty http2 client request hangs indefinitely

Thanks SImone for the analysis,

>Good solution, just remember to protect that local Servlet (only you
should be able to call it).

Yes the servlet will only be accessible by us.

> the client connects to ports 8080 (typically used for clear-text
communication), while the diagram hints there is SSL offload at the
external server.

We have dedicated haproxy before each external servers which runs in 8080 and work as a SSL offloader and pass it to backend server which is a clear-text.

>Can you enable DEBUG logs then send the *first* request?
There must be something really weird that happens and we don't cope
well with it.

Enabling Debug logs in production servers are real headache, anyhow I ll try to get the logs somehow. My doubt is *first* request you mean whether its a very first request fired by the client or the first request which hangs?

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 3:54 PM Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Santhosh,

sorry for the late reply.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 3:26 PM Santhosh Kumar <santhosh89j@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I cannot use JMX in live production servers, so I just called httpclient.dump() while it was hanging using a local servlet call,  FYKI we instantiate a static httpclient and it will be used  to establish connection with many remote servers  in a multithreaded environment. PFA links below for client dumps
>
> https://pastebin.com/N017wph4
>
> https://pastebin.com/k21hzLwL

Good solution, just remember to protect that local Servlet (only you
should be able to call it).

What I see from the dumps are 2 things.
* the client connects to ports 8080 (typically used for clear-text
communication), while the diagram hints there is SSL offload at the
external server.
* the client has a lot of exchanges queued, and the connection pool is
empty of established connections, although 1 was attempted.

This is one client dump that seems to be manufactured as I looked at
it and thought "impossible".

This strikes to me as the client trying to connect to the external
server, but does not receive a TCP reply (or we handle it wrongly).
The client-side connect timeout should fire and fail all the
exchanges, but apparently it does not.

Can you enable DEBUG logs then send the *first* request?
There must be something really weird that happens and we don't cope
well with it.

Thanks for your patience.

--
Simone Bordet