Re: [jetty-users] Session timeout

On 06/09/2017 10:46, Jan Bartel wrote:
John,

Ah hah! As I posted before, it seems you are not using the most recent
jetty-9.4, because you are seeing this issue, which has since been fixed:
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/1224

Ah, OK. I've just spent the last couple of hours trying to avoid having to access my state info via the session itself, which incidentally meant adding lost of stuff like session creation time and last access time to the state info, and maintaining those things manually. I can now just revert all that work... :-(

As regards your session expiry observed timing, as I've said, you need
to use a shorter scavenge interval than your session timeout.

OK, I can live with ten minute sloppiness in the timing, as long as it actually gets logged as it used to.

But, wouldn't it still be possible to call sessionDestroyed() immediately after expiry? The spec says that it gets called when it is "about to be" invalidated, but that could be interpreted to mean at some (any) time between expiry and invalidation...

Meanwhile, I'll just live with the slop.

And you need to update your version of jetty ;)

Sigh. Downloading it now...

Many thanks for all your help,
--
John English