[jetty-users] Session timeout

A while ago I upgraded from Jetty 8 to Jetty 9.4. It supports a web application which includes a session timeout of 60 minutes in the web.xml (which used to work fine):

  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>60</session-timeout>
  </session-config>

However, the sessions no longer seem to be timing out at all since the upgrade. To investigate this, I printed out a debug message at the point where the session is obtained:

    System.err.println("Session timeout: " +
                       session.getMaxInactiveInterval());

The result is the message "Session timeout: 1800", i.e 30 minutes.

I'm completely confused as to (a) why the 60-minute timeout is not happening, and (b) why the timeout interval is showing up as 30 minutes when web.xml sets it to 60. Can anyone please help me understand this?
--
John English

Back to the top