Re: [jetty-users] application authentication

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM, larry mccay <larry.mccay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The EE specs are about an application programming model that is built
on top of a platform with a built-in security foundation. I don't
really agree with everything that was put into web.xml for security
but I do feel that the security subsystem should be considered as
outside of the scope of the application programming model.

Sure, for some environments that's appropriate. For others it completely the wrong thing. But it is what it is.

You've verified what I already thought was the case, but was holding out hope for perhaps a backdoor somewhere.

Back to the top