Re: [jetty-users] application authentication

larry mccay <larry.mccay@...> writes:

> There, however, is no standard way to install this module by simply
> bundling it with an application and deploying it.

There's no standardized declarative way in JASPIC, but there is a programmatic
way.

A WebListener can call something like
"AuthConfigFactory.getFactory().registerConfigProvider(...)" to register such
module. Incidentally, the programmatic way is thus the only standardized way ;)

I'm building a kind of Acid test for JASPIC at
https://github.com/arjantijms/jaspic-capabilities-test and all test
applications bundle the SAM with the .war.

On my blog
arjan-tijms.blogspot.com/2012/11/implementing-container-authentication.html
I have described this process in some more detail.

Back to the top