Re: [jetty-users] JDBCSessionManager with Jetty 7

Hello,

This is quite hard to do for us and it seems a bit "backwards" for me,
because BaseESchoolSessionContext is totally "userland" code here. It is
just a custom class (consisting of other custom classes) that we put in
HttpSession with setAttribute() . Putting it in lib/ext would equate
putting important parts of our webapp there and thus splitting up our
webapp source code.

Is there some other possibility here?

If there isn't I guess we'll have to refactor the classes we are keeping in
HttpSession .

PS: I have also been experimenting with "parentLoaderPriority" (
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Classloading ) with no results .

Regards,
Erki

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 12:04:20 +1100, Jan Bartel <janb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Erki,
>
> If you've put the BaseESchoolSessionContext into WEB-INF/lib then it
> can't be seen by the classes that are loaded from lib/ext due to the
> restrictions on the webapp classloader.
>
> Try putting all your SessionManager, Session and SessionIdManager impls
> into lib/ext, along with memcached libs.
>
> Jan
>

> Erki Harand wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thanx for responding. This issue was due to our configuration mixup of
>> several contexts. I got it solved now (by only having one context :-) .
>> got the JDBCSessionManager working now on Oracle (had to change the SQL
>> code a bit). Since what we really needed is MemcachedSessionManager I
>> begun
>> experimenting with this:
>> http://code.google.com/p/jetty-session-memcached/
>> . I have it compiled and running but I get a Memcached serialization
>> error
>> when trying to serialize the session object:
>> ------------
>> 2010-01-08 18:41:37.950 WARN
>> net.spy.memcached.transcoders.SerializingTranscoder:  Caught CNFE
>> decoding
>> 692 bytes of data
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> ee.ekool.session.BaseESchoolSessionContext
>> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> ------------
>> BaseESchoolSessionContext is the class that we keep our session data in
>> the
>> HttpSession. Since the class was not found I tried including it (and all
>> the subclasses that were necessary) in the MemcacehdSessionManager JAR.
>> Then I got an error that "ee.ekool.session.BaseESchoolSessionContext
>> cannot
>> be cast to ee.ekool.session.BaseESchoolSessionContext" . Well thats
>> weird.
>>
>> Please somebody correct my understanding of the problem:
>>
>> Right now I am loading the MemcachedSessionIdManager in jetty.xml wich
>> configures org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server . This leads me to belive
that
>> there is exactly one (Memcached)SessionIdManaged per Jetty instance
>> possible and all contexts share the same SessionIdManager. Am I right?
>>
>> And I am loading the MemcachedSessionManager from jetty-web.xml in one
of
>> my contexts. And from jetty-web.xml I am configuring the
>> org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext class and there should be as many
>> WebAppContext classes as there is contexts defined for Jetty. Am I
right?

>> If I am right on both accounts then what is the logic of this: I could
>> mix
>> a (Memcached)SessionIdManager (Server level) and (JDBC)SessionManager
>> (Webapp level) in one running Jetty instance? Aren't the
SessionIdManager
>> and SessionManager implementations kind-of dependant on each other?
>>
>> That brings me back to my current problem. I am loading Memcached JAR
>> from
>> lib/ext/ on Jetty server startup (because thats when the
SessionIdManager

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Session+Clustering+with+a+Database