Re: [jetty-users] JDBCSessionManager with Jetty 7

Erki,

If you've put the BaseESchoolSessionContext into WEB-INF/lib then it
can't be seen by the classes that are loaded from lib/ext due to the
restrictions on the webapp classloader.

Try putting all your SessionManager, Session and SessionIdManager impls into lib/ext, along with memcached libs.

Jan

Erki Harand wrote:
Hello,

Thanx for responding. This issue was due to our configuration mixup of
several contexts. I got it solved now (by only having one context :-) . I
got the JDBCSessionManager working now on Oracle (had to change the SQL
code a bit). Since what we really needed is MemcachedSessionManager I begun
experimenting with this: http://code.google.com/p/jetty-session-memcached/
. I have it compiled and running but I get a Memcached serialization error
when trying to serialize the session object:
------------
2010-01-08 18:41:37.950 WARN
net.spy.memcached.transcoders.SerializingTranscoder:  Caught CNFE decoding
692 bytes of data
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
ee.ekool.session.BaseESchoolSessionContext
------------
BaseESchoolSessionContext is the class that we keep our session data in the
HttpSession. Since the class was not found I tried including it (and all
the subclasses that were necessary) in the MemcacehdSessionManager JAR.
Then I got an error that "ee.ekool.session.BaseESchoolSessionContext cannot
be cast to ee.ekool.session.BaseESchoolSessionContext" . Well thats weird.

Please somebody correct my understanding of the problem:

Right now I am loading the MemcachedSessionIdManager in jetty.xml wich
configures org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server . This leads me to belive that
there is exactly one (Memcached)SessionIdManaged per Jetty instance
possible and all contexts share the same SessionIdManager. Am I right?

And I am loading the MemcachedSessionManager from jetty-web.xml in one of
my contexts. And from jetty-web.xml I am configuring the
org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext class and there should be as many
WebAppContext classes as there is contexts defined for Jetty. Am I right?

If I am right on both accounts then what is the logic of this: I could mix
a (Memcached)SessionIdManager (Server level) and (JDBC)SessionManager
(Webapp level) in one running Jetty instance? Aren't the SessionIdManager
and SessionManager implementations kind-of dependant on each other?

That brings me back to my current problem. I am loading Memcached JAR from
lib/ext/ on Jetty server startup (because thats when the SessionIdManager
is defined). My SessionManager that is in one of my running contexts is
also using this Memcached JAR. But for some reason the Memcached library
cannot "see" the classes that are defined in my webapp and thus the error
above. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Erki