Re: [jetty-dev] jetty 8 and JDK7

Jetty versions only have a minimum JDK requirement.

Jetty 6 - JDK 1.4+
Jetty 7 - JDK 1.5+
Jetty 8 - JDK 1.6+
Jetty 9 - JDK 1.7+

Feel free to use any of those versions of Jetty with any version of the JDK that meets those minimum requirements.
It is often wise, in production, to be on actively maintained (by Oracle) JDKs to gain the benefits of their numerous bug and security patches.

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts