Re: [jetty-dev] Custom Web-Protocol Server [Modified Request Methods]

On May 1, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Venkatesh Nandakumar wrote:

> Very frankly, I'm not sure.
>
> It was not until very late that I saw this
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec5.html#sec5.1.1.
> I don't even know if servlet-api supports addition of these
> http-extensions. (Do they?)

yes.  For instance there were some webdav implementations even before servlet 2.5.

You need to use the HttpServlet service() method rather than doPost/doGet/doSomething... since you are relying on a non-standard http method.

thanks
david jencks