Re: [jetty-dev] Re: SVN heads up /branches/jetty-7.0.0.x

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 15:59, Joakim Erdfelt<joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> URLs of interest:
>
>   Jetty 7.0.0.x -
> http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.jetty/jetty/branches/jetty-7.0.0.x/

So the 7.0.0.whatever release will come from this, and then this
branch will be going away, correct?  If for whatever reason if we need
to make another release off of 7.0.0.whatever then we pull the tag
over into a branch, modify that and release whatever that new
release..

This the home of any last minute changes to the 'stable' codebase (effort) to get the Jetty 7.0.0.0 release out soon.

Since we had new functionality that could cause problems with 7.0.0.0, Greg and Jan felt that making a branch of 7.0.0.0 is the appropriate thing to do.  This branch will allow the code to settle out, only bug fixes until the release is cut.

Based on my conversation with Greg, he feels that trunk should be for the bleeding edge.

And moving forward this is where we will attempt to be generally
making future releases from, correct?  the above branch is basically
because of the circumstances that led to the creation of the original
branch that prompted these changes?

The new functionality with jetty-webapp-verifier and jetty-centralized-logging would delay the release, so it was decided to make this change to the svn structure to support the new development while stabilizing the potential 7.0.0 release.

- Joakim

Back to the top