[jdt-ui-dev] SoC Project: JDT UI Code Completion and Refactoring Improvements weekly report #2

Hi,

during the last week I was able to create an initial patch [1] that implements substring code completion for members. I've also added a simple test case but lots of existing code completion tests fail. Now, it is necessary to decide whether substring code completion should be the default behavior and the test should be updated, or it will be an optional feature and new, separate test cases are needed. My mentor, Noopur will discuss this with the JDT committers and get back to me. In the meantime, I'm working on extending substring code completion to type names and reviewing the existing postfix code completion patch. My objective for this week is to get substring code completion completely working and understand the current work in progress implementation of postfix code completion and what needs to be fixed in order to get it committed.

Regards,
Gábor

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/50074/

Back to the top