Re: [jdt-ui-dev] possible to get the class loader used for loading a specific class ?

On 4 Jun 2015, at 15:32, Stephan Herrmann wrote:

That code would need to be executed in the debug target, not the Eclipse JVM, right?

Yes.

If you have the IJavaObject, you might be able to extract that information with a bunch
of sendMessage() calls.

That is the caveat - how do I get to an IJavaObject from a source lookup participant ?

/max

Stephan

PS: jdt-ui != jdt-debug

Hey,

Anyone know if possible for a source lookup participant to somehow
get access to the Classloader used to load class source is needed for
when debugging ?

i.e. would like so somehow get to `getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource().getLocation()`
to find location of dynamically loaded classes so users do not need
to manually add the source.

With the code source info I can introspect the jar to locate the source for it.

Any suggestions on how/if that is possible ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen