From: "Peter Brant" <pbrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: eclipse.tools
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: Trouble Compiling Eclipse

Here's what I did to make changes to a plugin (org.eclipse.jdt.core in my
case).  (This is basically Adam's message rephrased although I think I did
things a little differently than he outlined.)  I also did this with Eclipse
1.0 so maybe things are different with 2 (and maybe there's a better way to
do this too).

1.) Check out org.eclipse.jdt.core from the CVS repo.
2.) mkdir C:\eclipseWorkbench\plugins
3.) Copy contents of org.eclipse.jdt.core to C:\eclipseWorkbench.
4.) Start eclipse by running
        eclipse -platform C:\eclipseWorkbench\plugins
5.) Create a new PDE project named org.eclipse.jdt.core (which picks up
plugin.xml, sources, etc. from what you just copied).
6.) Manually add source directories (in this case batch, codeassist,
compiler, etc.)
7.) Manually add whatever additional required JARs are not referenced to the
class path (in this case the only one I needed was
ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/resources.jar
8.) Increment the version number number in plugin.xml (to say 1.0.1).  I
found that if I didn't do this my changes were not picked up.

The only other glitch that I noticed is that sometimes if I closed Eclipse
with the org.eclipse.jdt.core open, when I started Eclipse the Run-time
Workbench wouldn't fire up until I closed and reopened the project.

Pete

Back to the top