AW: AW: [jdt-ui-dev] getting eclipse to run

> I copied the complete install dir from my nightly build eclipse
> (located in d:\eclipse) to my working version (located in d:\workbench2)
> so it's now in d:\workbench2\install the org.eclipse.jdt.ui is in
> d:\workbench2\eclipse
> the compiled sourcecode starts at
> d:\workbench2\plugins\org.eclipse.jdt.ui\bin
>
> is that wrong ?

<hmm. this d:\workbench2\eclipse
sounds weird.
your workspace directory should be sth like:>

that was a typo, sorry
it is in d:\workbench2\plugins

<d:\workbench2\
with 2 subdirs:
install/
plugins/>

yep, it is

<source code for jdt.ui sits in:
d:\workbench2\plugins\org.eclipse.jdt.ui>

<try using the attached files instead of yours.
launch using the Run-time Workbench launcher (from the 'run' toolbar)>

the same as before
why doesn't the launcher work ?
hhmmm what version of eclipse do you use ?

I started it with UIMain (adding startup.jar using adding external jar)
but it didn't take my changes

<we'll get there
eventually :)
a.>

we will!

I placed your files into org.eclipse.jdt.ui

my directory structure:

d:\workbench2
+--install

+--eclipse