Re: [jdt-dev] Telling GitHub to rebuild, rebase, ...

At least for the first question about the setup, I've automated that (even the steps of what to do in the installer) and provide information (link) about that in each contributing guide:

https://github.com/eclipse-jdt/.github/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md#create-an-eclipse-development-environment
https://github.com/eclipse-platform/.github/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md#create-an-eclipse-development-environment

The later is the complete SDK set of projects, including the aggregator project.

Note that if something times out or there is some other network problem during setup, you can try again via Help -> Perform Setup Tasks; this is also useful to run to update the IDE to the latest installation and latest target platform...

Maybe this tutorial helps:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Platform_SDK_Provisioning

If there are things that seem broken or could be improved in that regard, I could look into that; the tutorial has a Bugzilla link for that.

Note too that the SDK setup includes a "Runtime Workspace" launcher that should just work...