[jdt-dev] Ant & Eclipse auto-completion

Hi guys,
I love Eclipse's auto-completion and auto-compile/reporting of syntax
errors. It saves me loads of time looking up in the API to see if i.e
the name for this function was .getSize(), .getLength() or simply the
variable .length.

But, recently it has stopped working for me. I've checked out a
project I'm working on through CVS (we wanted to use Subversion but
the user on Windows had a problem using Subclipse, so to same
ourselves from fixing that install over and over again we went back to
CVS) that uses an ant build.xml file. So I've configured a builder to
use it and set the targets I'd like for clean, auto-build and
manual-build. But now when it is trying to auto-complete I get:

Cannot perform operation
This compilation unit is not on the build path of a Java project

Also, if I write something that's totally bogus I don't get a nice red
line under it anymore.
Also, the warnings and errors from the compile don't show up as a red
x by the line that has a problem, just in the ant output

Please, could you point me in the right direction? I need to use ant
for project compability, but I love these functions in Eclipse and
would not want to give them up.

Cheers

   Nik

Back to the top