[jdt-core-dev] Multicore Parallel processing in BasicSearchEngine.findMatches

Hi,

I am working on parallelizing a code that calls onto org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.BasicSearchEngine.findMatches(). However instead of gaining any speed ups from my attempt to parallelize the code with multicore processors, I get slowdowns instead. Do you know if there are synchronizations for concurrency control within the BasicSearchEngine, or if the method has already been parallelized, and therefore I am seeing a slowdown if further parallelization is done?

Thanks,
Lionel Li

Back to the top